Swiss Emperor Watch - Any Good?

Some of the Roamers particulaly the ones with Brevette engraved on the caseback are front loaders if you hold the watch by the lugs and push on the crystal the movement caseback and crystal should come away leaving you holding the bezel , the crystal then lifts off and you can then remove the movement , as already mentioned some had split stems that would need splitting first but yours looks to be missing so no need to worry about that bit.

Need to see the caseback really to determine if it is this type but if it is it's easy enough

good luck

Andy

• Like 1

Some of the Roamers particulaly the ones with Brevette engraved on the caseback are front loaders if you hold the watch by the lugs and push on the crystal the movement caseback and crystal should come away leaving you holding the bezel , the crystal then lifts off and you can then remove the movement , as already mentioned some had split stems that would need splitting first but yours looks to be missing so no need to worry about that bit.

Need to see the caseback really to determine if it is this type but if it is it's easy enough

good luck

Andy

Hi Andy.

Yes, my one has Brevette ie Patent on the rear. Managed to remove crystal but stopped short of removing movement as I don't have a decent amount of time today. Maybe tomorrow.

PSX_20141116_125122.jpg

Excellent! :-)

I've got a Ducati that just needs a battery!

I think yours only has two wheels though, doesn't it? [emoji1]

Took a look at mine under a loupe and realised why mine looked "fuzzy" compared to the one I just bought.

At first I thought because it was 10 years of constant use it had got scratched up. Nope, take a close look at this pic and think "ice crystals"

20141116_202958.jpg

Took the movement out and cleaned the inside of the crystal. All gone now. Greased caseback and stem gasket.

Wonder what caused it? [emoji47]

Edited by ro63rto

Hi Roberto,

Looking in the crown post, is there a stem?

Anyway, this is what I woul do...

1st remove the chapter ring (the part with the minutes marked). Once this is removed, the movement should come out. If there is a stem then it may need to come out at an angle. I believe you will find it is a 2 piece stem with the crown part missing. Now that I think about it, even with a 2 piece stem you may find the movement will come out easier if you get the side opposite the crown out first.

Note! Save the crystal, these watches can be a pain to source crystals as the seal depends on the thickness of the crastal edges. If you look closely you'll see a step in the crystal edge (assuming its original).

Anil

• Like 1

Finally got the movement out.

The chapter ring comes off real easy.

20141117_151223.jpg

Now for the bad news.

No crown OR stem! Looks like a spider has taken up residence in the resulting void [emoji35]

20141117_151932.jpg

So the search is on for new stem and crown.

On a higher note, the movement is the more sought after (or so I have read) MST436 and looks to be in very good condition plus it has the original 7 jewel Rotor.

20141117_151129.jpg

All in all a nice watch. Acrylic crystal is in Very good condition with only 2 light scratches. Easy enough to remove and I think the dial is in pretty good shape too.

• 3 weeks later...

Cousins list the male inner as well as 2 other stems didn't mention the female outer part though so whether the other 2 are one piece stems i don't know

Found a stem and no need to register AT ALL [emoji1] €10 plus €3 postage from Netherlands.

Now for a crown.

Roberto,

Beware ....instead of selling the crown you are more likely to buy a crownless Roamer hoping your crown will fit!

Been there.....

Anil

Stem arrived from the Netherlands.

I think they sent me the wrong one. Its not a two piece stem ie the crown screws to this one they sent instead of one that clips onto it. [emoji35]

20141209_1051310101.jpg

That's a bummer, especially when it's an International purchase. :-(

Its a pain. Only £2 postage but the hassle. ... Thought I finally found it.

I found on Boley that they list the stem as Part 401.

This pic on oldswisswatches shows 401 and it looks similar except the resolution is bad. I'm confused. Wish there was someone with an exact watch to compare it with.

Roamer436.gif

Edited by ro63rto

The company said they supplied the correct one ( even though I emailed them the model before ordering) but they will take it back and refund me.

Only thing is Royal Mail are theives and want around £5 to post it back. Not worth it.

Anyone need an MST430/436 threaded winding stem for a "Normal" watch case? [emoji16]

2765 is the correct part number. This is a split stem version and is the one required.

Called a "Stem for water resistant case"

Thanks Mark.

They have refunded me even though I haven't sent it back due to cost of postage.

Now to find someone that can sell me it using paypal as I no longer have credit cards.